Friday, January 25, 2008

And then there is me………
The last one, the lonely one
Left in the blue desert
Wandering
White chiffon ribbon of the sky
One strip of creation
Warm air
Holding tightly
Not letting me go
Far into the cave
With cold water stagnant for many years
Many secrets hidden with silver and gold fish squirting about
The light let in through an opening of stone
White light
Blinding to the eye
Half dead
Half alive
Life goes on in the veins of man
Quiet light takes care of me
Nothing more to be said
Silence all through
Silence in my ears
Silence in my shoes
And my legs and toes
Go fish she tells me
Go into the darkness of forests
Smell the smell of trees
The smell of fruits
The smell of worms
Don’t come back
Till I tell you
Come forward with open arms
Cut off your thick skin
Throw it to the jaws waiting at the door
Open up in your little while skirt and pink apron
With welcoming smile
Incense smells coming from within
Dettol, phynel, disinfectant and soap
Cardboard and iron
Cold floors with nothing on me
Taking care of small people
Insects and worms with busy families inside
Cut open
That’s the end.

2 comments:

Kavita said...

I really liked what you wrote !

anishkmenon said...

"Life goes on in the veins of man.."

beautiful..!!