Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My first posting on the blog...written after much debating with myself..should I, should I not?
Do I have anythin worthwhile at all to say?
But then Kavi's post urged me to write, when she spoke about the angst to search, to find, something resonated inside me and spontaneously replied.
I asked myself, why the search? And then being located as I am in a Women's studies Centre, constantly reading histories of struggles, triumphs, negotiations, I ask myself who do I not feel the energy for change, for transformation that the previous generation felt, why can I not be more like the generation of the 70s? While the answers for our restlessness might lie within, I wonder if it also is a result of the breakdown in movements for social change that we see today? and then is the development sector the answer for this lack of social dynamism?

2 comments:

Shailabh said...

sneha....somewhere i realize this an age of individuals and we need to accept it and while changes are ongoing they have to be deconstructed at the individual level...only then our numbers will grow....the community is dead ....LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!

Maitreyee said...

dear sneha, this is one of the oldes posts...but felt like saying something about it right now...

one thing is that people from so many diff places are "in the search" thats kind of surprising also

recently i've also felt that we need to see what is the truth of our times.

it was diff in the 20s in the 40s 50s 70s and 80s

what are we looking for now...and the answer does not lie in the past. in their ways of resistance either.

we need to look here and now. at our own desires ambitions , very truthfully and honestly

maybe something will show us the way from there